Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's the first of the month! My $30 challenge...

The first of the month is sometimes like a new beginning for me. A time to start over if you will. I like to start doing things on the first day of the month whether it's a new diet, a new budget, a new "plan" for success in some area of my life. Make sense? I'm a "list" person. I make lists for everything and find so much satisfaction in crossing off things that I have completed. and yes, I'll admit it, I write things down that I did that weren't on the list JUST so I can cross them off. Sad, maybe, but it's a part of what makes me "me."
Anywho....since it is the first, my husband and I took a look at our budget. We filled in our columns and adjusted here and there and decided $30 would be our number for toiletries this month. I plan to post what I bought with my $30 and how I got it. Also, I have never actually paid attention to how much "product" we use each month to know how many items would equal a "1 month" supply, so I decided in addition to showing what I bought with my $30, I will also list how much product we USED.
This will be good information for me to justify how much I buy and a good measure of my total spending each month! This week I plan to inventory my small stockpile (it all fits under my sink in my bathroom) to know what I need to replenish and I'll post each Saturday night what I bought for the week and how much I spent. This is a challenge and I may fail at this goal, but it'll be GREAT research nonetheless! Here I go!
 - Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment