Saturday, May 14, 2011

$30 Challenge - Week 2

Click here to read about the Challenge

Click here to see WEEK 1

I am addicted to Apricot Scrub. There. I said it. I use it everyday. This week I ran out of Apricot Scrub. and diapers. Both are obvious necessities in my life. I'm not brand specific on the type of Apricot scrub I use or diapers really. I didn't buy too much this week, but managed to mess up my diaper transaction. o-well. I only got 1 pack of diapers because I am potty training my 2 1/2 year old and less diapers pushes me to try harder with the training. I am simultaneously putting my 3 1/2 year old in underwear at night to cut down as well. A nice diaper stockpile invites me into putting potty training off for a few more weeks...so therefore I am in strict ration mode!

and yes I bought more bodywash. Here is why. I can buy men's body wash just about every week, but girl, good smelling body wash, not so much. So, I took advantage and got 3 more because they are women's (and also because they are FREE), bringing my stockpile total to 5. Anxious to see how much I actually use this month!


This is what I got...

2 Ivory bodywash
1 Nivea bodywash
1 John Freida Hair foam color
**(serious roots y'all)
1 Apricot Scrub
1 Pampers jumbo pack diapers
1 mirra poof
1 mirra back scrubber

**Picture shows what's left of diapers!



This is what I spent - $8.11 (8 items)
 so far this month ($15.90 on 22 items) $14.10 left! Feeling good! All I think we'll need is maybe 2 more packs of diapers!

This is what I saved with sales/coupons - $30.45

The details/This is how I did it...
(and I include tax too)


@Wal-Mart - $3.48
1 hair foam -11.97 (used FREE coupon got in mail)
1 Apricot scrub - 2.47 (no q - gasp!)

@Kroger - FREE
2 Ivvory bodywash -1.00 on sale (used 2 - $1/1 qs)
1 Nivea bodywash -2.49 (used $3/1 q) +.51 (toward groceries)
1 mirra poof  0.99   ( $5/2 mirra products in entertainment book + 1.02 towards groceries)
1 mirra back scrubber -2.99

@Walgreens - $4.63
1 pampers jumbo pack - 9.00 (used $5 manu q my friend Allison gave me. Thanks, Allison!Had a RR but forgot it, so could've done deal for a $1 - ugh!)

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment